Friday, September 29, 2017

Heroes of Baryl - Weekly Summary

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week has been spent finishing up the starting dungeon, battle system specifics, animations, and the areas accessible right after the opening sequence and first dungeon.

The startup is always slow, I find, and especially in this case; the opening dungeon is somewhat large compared to others I've done, and the opening areas in general are of larger scale than previous projects I've done. This is nice in the way that I can go ahead and get one of the larger cities/castle areas out of the way from a design standpoint early on. In fact, the Phasala Castle, which is where the game begins, is mostly complete.

My mapping skills aren't my strong point, though no doubt I've gotten better over the years. Heroes of Baryl shows this. I feel the maps are a step better, but the castle area, for instance, is far from awe inspiring. It's something I may revisit in a later revision, but I don't think it's bad; it's just functional while still looking nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment